Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Wow, can we say OVERWHELMED. Jess got up at 730am. And just had a ball opening gifts. Jon woke up at 8am and Jess had fun opening his gifts. She LOVED her doll house and all her barbies. She took a nap without protest. We had to wake her up though, because we had to get to her Grandma's house. I was told by 3pm. And at 2:50pm they were calling and saying where are you. So we rushed there and opened gifts right away, ate, it was loads of fun. I can't believe the amount of toys these kids got. And we still have 3 more family get togethers to go to. It's all very overwhelming, imagine this times 3 next year with 3 kids. Jess is really lucky she gets to open everyone gifts for a few more years, hahaha. I guess there is some perks to being the oldest. Sometimes she got more excited for Jon gifts than her own. She doesn't know what to play with first.

Elefun - the butterfly catchin' game. I highly recommend for a preschool game. Grandma bought it to stay at her house when the kids come over. The girls had a blast. Jon was shaking he was so excited. He was swinging in his swing and got so excited when they were playing that game. Squealing on the top of his lungs, hahaha. Grandma also got Lucky Ducks. It's a cute game, I actually considered getting Jess, but the girls were a little too young for it. You have to match shapes and colors. They'll have fun with it next year though.

I still can't believe the amount of stuff they got. Jeff's mom went over board, and what really surprised was how much his sister Cindy went over board. Now I feel stupid with the couple of small things we got her. Oh well. They got puzzles, books, even a personalized one with their name through out the book. And activity center, trucks, dora doll, sound stage, click start, floor coloring book and crayons, bath crayons, clothes, etc. I have no idea where I will put it all, and I was going to bring all the stuff we took outside to clear some room... inside in a few months when Jon sits up, where will have room for that, ahhaha. I didn't have to buy my kids anything, that's how much they got, wow.

It was a good holiday!!! Jon goes for his 6 month pics tomorrow. I'm thinking about the bathtub scene, that should be cute. I'm going to try and behave and just get him a collage. I'm going to call the doctor in the morning, he is spitting up way too much, and is so gassy. He smells like rotten eggs. Maybe we need to switch formula???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always think about what a good Godmother should give her Godbaby for Christmas, but then I see all the stuff you guys and others get her and I'm like, whoa... where are they gonna put all that stuff plus mine? So maybe stoking the college fund is best. Boring, but useful? =)

Clara said...

A good godmother would come over for a visit. That will be presents enough. She loves to spend time with you. You are welcomed over anytime.

If you are feeling crafty, you can always make her something. A drawing, something photoshopped... them are the best gifts! She has lots of favorite characters: Elmo, Princesses, Curious George, Winnie the Pooh, Barbies, etc. I always add stuff to her binder, so if you made it on a regular sheet of paper, I can put it in the page protector and it will be a great present.

I have pictures of the kids for you, we'll have to pick a time soon to come over. I'm thinking of starting potty training on January 4th, so before then might be a good idea. Otherwise, you'll just have to watch for the waterfall, ahhaha. Because she is staying in underware, come hell or high water. And high water might come first, hahahha!!!!