Phew, hours and hours later, tons of swearing and yelling, I finally finished the damn site. It still has a few issues, a couple of the navigational links are not working for some reason, but they were happy with it, and that's all that matters. It's really simplistic, so I'd rather not share the site addy, but I'm glad to be done with it, well, I'll still tinker to figure out the navigational issues, but I'm glad not to have to redesign the whole thing again. I couldn't get it to do what I wanted to last night, and the internet wasn't cooperating.
Jeff's parents stopped by for a visit today before the kids naps, so we had a nice visit. Except I gave his Dad the bird... I still can't believe I did it, but he set me off. Somehow getting on a subject of what does a stay at home Mom do all day or something like that. I told him to give it a try and see if he could handle it. He won't even watch my kids for a few hours, he says they have to be about 8 years old and take care of themselves before he can watch them. Give me a break. So if watching the kids all day is easy, why can't he do it? And how do you think the house gets cleaned, do we have maid service, and who cooks the meals, do we have a personal chef? Some days I feel maybe this is an easy job better than working "out there", most days I do not. It is mentally challenging putting up with kids all day, especially if they are not in a good mood, and trying to get something done and juggle between the two of them. Working "out there" really sucks, but try working "in here" 24/7, I think we'd come to a conclusion they both have their ups and downs.
My life insurance would really come in handy if I wasn't around. Jeff would have a hell of a time with 3 kids, day care expenses alone. And do you think he'd have the time or inclination to ever clean the house, nope, he'd hire someone once a month I'm sure, along with grass cutting service, etc. Do you think after working all day, he would pick up the kids, and come home and cook a fabulous meal, nope... he'd go out to eat everyday. So I do find what I do valuable.
I really think his Dad must have been being sarcastic, but I sure wasn't in the mood for it. But all is well, we play each other like this from time to time. He knows how to push my buttons, and he didn't mean any harm by it, hell... his wife stayed at home too.... all the way until the last one left the house..... and he couldn't have managed it, any other way. Working mothers have it hard, doing it all, but hopefully in that situation, the fathers are stepping up to the plate and doing their fair share. Teamwork gets things done faster than one person doing it all by themselves. Then you can enjoy the finer things in life, spending time with each other.
Then later on he got on the subject of not letting any foreign cars park in his driveway. Ugh, thank god they were getting ready to leave, I wasn't in the mood for another "discussion". Haha... He's a good person, but he's old school... and thinks his opinion is right......
It is so bitter cold outside. Jeff started the car up at 530pm when we were getting ready to leave, and comes back inside and says it won't start, UGH. Finally he did get it to start, but of all times for this to happen, when we are about to leave the house. So we stood there debating, buy a new battery right now, try and jump it, what. Is it the battery, is it something else?
And tomorrow is my doctor's appt. We don't go anywhere for weeks, and then when I have a doctor's appt. something always goes on with the car, the one time I need it the most. Other than doctor's appointments I think I could live with one car, but how would I get to any of these appointments. And between Jess, Jon and me, we usually have some kind of appointment to go to.
So hopefully it was just angry that it hasn't been started since Thursday, and is mad at the cold weather. I'll try starting it at 8am tomorrow... so I know we'll be able to leave the house at 830am for my appt. I'd hate to miss it, it's my first one and I'm already 13 weeks. I'd like to have the blood work taken and all the other fun stuff, and make an appt. for my ultrasound. Let's just hope all is well with the car tomorrow and that the kids behave.
We'll get a minivan in a few months, but we laugh to see which one of our cars will die in the meantime. The plan is to get rid of his, but mine sure has been acting up lately. When it rains, it pours. Oh well, it will work out, it always does. My favorite quote.... This too shall pass.........
We exchanged xmas presents with my cousin today. The kids got some great clothes, and she bought big, so that's awesome... because they grow so fast, we still have many more months of cold weather, so these sizes will get them by. She got us some awesome stick figure families stuff. You know how they have been the latest thing lately. It has a Dad, Mom, little girl, baby boy, and a cat. How cute. She got us both mouse pads, and keychains... She laughed, she said she bought our gifts long long ago, when we were a family of 4 with a cat...... next year, we'll have to draw in a new baby, hahaha.... Just like xmas ornaments, we first were getting a bunch of "couple" ornaments. Then we some "cat" ornaments. Then "family of 3" ornaments. Then the next xmas "family of 4" ornaments. Now next year, we'll be a family of 5.
I can't wait. It will be some wild times, but it will be the best times of our lives. Life is so much fun on the weekends, when it's just the 4 of us all day. Jon... pounding on his high chair, rolling over, scooting backwards on the floor... big girl Jess... she amazes me..... she climbs in and out of the tub herself... changes her clothes herself when she's not in the mood for the outfit she's wearing, or something small spills on it... puts her own shoes on, goes potty herself.... etc. She sure has a mind of her own...... She still runs into jams... but tries to be very independant. And likes to mock everything you do. We still find ourselves saying "oh how cute, they are so smart" all the time like our kid is the only kid that does this or that.... hahahaha........
Oh well, I have blabbed on long enough........ We went to bed wayyyyyyyyyy too late last night, and the kids still got up at the butt crack of dawn..... so I am tired...........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment