Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm so tired. Last night I didn't sleep well. I was so not tired, it couldn't have been the coffee from the morning???? I finally fall asleep at 130am, and then 15 minutes later, I just had a worried feeling that Jess was going to wake up, and poke me in the arm and scare the crap out of me. I had a worried/scared feeling all night, it was so weird, then I was dreaming all night about some wicked stuff, slashing/slaying bodies, like I was in a violent video game. WTF? I was so exhausted in the morning. Jon woke up at 730am, Jess started making noises at 8am, but wasn't getting out of bed, so by 830am I opened her door and said come on out, and she was sitting on the edge of the bed, like waiting for me to get her out??? I guess old habits die hard, hahaha. No nap today, I didn't even try, so she went to bed with no problems.

I went to toys r us looking to get my neice's bday gift and they DIDN'T HAVE IT. I was so upset, then I had Jeff call all around and nobody has this one doll house in stock, ugh. Don't you hate when you get your heart set on something and then there are none in stock. So maybe we'll try and find her a different doll house. Jeff's sister gave me money to go in on it, so I want to find one equally as expensive. Then I went to the chiropractor and no one was in the parking lot, I thought great, I'll be in and out. Hahaha... he wasn't even in, he had a funeral and wouldn't be in until later, ugh. I really have to call before I go, this is twice now I've struck out. When I go myself, it's not too big a deal, but the one time I dragged the kids there, ugh. I don't have to make an appt. I can go when I want, but I will call from now on, so I don't waste my time.

I'm listening to the Oprah thing tonight, so far so good, but I am getting so tired, I may just say screw it and download it tomorrow. Oh and Jeff made fish for when I got home today, and burned it. Then he made a cake, mmm... we couldn't wait. He checked on it, said the temp. is off by 25 degrees, so he turned the oven down. 5 minutes later, the smoke alarm went off, and it burnt, the oven shot up to 450. So we called and the guys are coming out wed. to look at it. It's always something. There have been little signs that something was off with the stove, but this was the big kick in the face.

I talked to MIL today, she's still having diarrhea issues, but she's able to control it better. They were disappointed we didn't go see FIL's car at autorama. How many times do we have to tell them we HATE car shows, I'm not dragging my kids to cobo to see his car. She wants us to go to every damn car show he's in. Maybe if my kids were older fine, but it's cold, there's no convenient time, etc. And it's just a bunch of old cars, the 4 of us would be miserable. Oh well, you can't please everyone, you just have to do what's right for your family. Her daughter is having a surprise party for her friend and that's all I will hear about from now until it happens. My MIL likes to repeat herself. Yes, we will travel an hour and a half, no problem, I want to see my SIL's new house, it's in May, no problem. If the party was in July, especially the end of July, nope, I wouldn't be going. I don't like traveling far when I'm close to delivering. If something were to happen, I want to be near MY HOSPITAL, and have MY DOCTOR deliver.

My SIL called again today, I guess her 3 year old daughter is singing on Palm Sunday and she wants us to go to mass, then to her house for her bday party. Well, I just can't see sitting through a mass with a 2 year old and an 8 month old. We would end up both sitting in some sort of cry room, because Jess would have ants in her pants, and Jon certainly doesn't know about the quiet voice and doesn't sit well in church, not to mention about missing the morning nap, and the hour drive to her house, which is going to make for one long long day. We'll just meet them at her house afterwards, no big deal, but the family thinks we are crazy, oh well. I've been called worse.

Just wait until we have 3 "little ones" to cart around. It's just not easy at this young age to come and go. This too shall pass, and it will get easier when they are older. And luckily I have no problems saying No to people. I know my limits. If this was a baptism or something major, we'd suffer through it, but I'm sure the kid will only be singing one song, that's all the attention span a 3 year old has anyways. It just annoys me when someone tries to pressure you into something you don't want to do. Because I know when my kids are in 50 different things they won't be coming to our events, they live too far away, especially if the events are during the week, it's just too hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're my hero! Not succumbing to family pressure to go/do what they want!! I give in all the time and we end up having a horrible time and I get mega stressed because the kids are acting up because they missed a nap, or were in the car for an hour or are hungry and we won't be eating for another hour. People without little ones for the most part forget or don't realize what a hassle it can be just to get everyone out of the house on time, let alone with everything in-tow that you need to keep them happy, fed, clean. Good for you for keeping sanity in your life. Because it really doesn't matter what they think or say, right?!

Clara said...

Yeah, I've gotta do what's best for me and my family. To hell with the rest of the people, let them talk, they will anyways. If it's not one thing it will be another.

Some people just don't have consideration for those of us with little ones with routines.

I try to go with the flow, but sometimes that's just not the way to go.

I try more than my hubby. His answer to going to church with the little ones was an immediate no, ahhaha.