Friday, June 27, 2008


November 6, 2006. I saw two lines on a pregnancy test and was so shocked. I was so shocked in fact that I bundled up Jessica and went out and bought a digital pregnancy test, that showed positive also. I just couldn't believe it. It took 2 years to conceive your sister, and it just took 6 months to conceive you.

February 15, 2007. Well little man, you showed us all you got and you are 100% boy. We were so thrilled. My cousin predicted you'd be a boy. I had a dream the night before the ultrasound that you were a boy. And the psychic I went to also predicted you'd be a boy. How exciting, we had a girl, and would now be having a boy.

I was sure sick during the pregnancy with you. I luckily didn't get gestational diabetes with you. But I sure had my share of aches and pains and indigestion. At 35 weeks I started getting contractions and was worried, but luckily they didn't amount to anything.

Your Dad worked very hard on your room, ripped up the carpeting, refinished the floors, painted the room blue, etc. We decided to go with the theme of Tonka Trucks, and of course I went Tonka Trucks crazy.

Jonathan Andrew's Birth Story

I went into the hospital after we put Jessica to bed at around 9 p.m. on June 26, 2007 to be induced. At the final ultrasound, you were estimated to be a big baby. You were a kicker, and kept me up all night kicking, that final night were were together. They broke my water at 6am. I got my epidural a few hours later and that was heaven on earth. I felt nothing, to the point that it was scary. They kept coming in saying "Wow, your contractions are huge, don't you feel anything", hahaha. With you, the nurse told me about the clicker to get more drugs. I didn't know about that with Jessica, that's why the epidural was wearing off with her at the end. This time I did a lot of clicking, ahhaha.

They said to tell me when I felt a lot of pressure. And around 1pm, I felt a WHOLE LOT OF PRESSURE. And the nurse came in and checked me, and said "I feel a head". She ran and got the doctor. It all happened so fast. At around 11am I was 4 cm and in the next couple hours I was fully dilated. Your Dad quickly called his parents to come, it was raining hard outside, we were having a bad thunderstorm. I did probably 15-20 minutes of pushing and there you were. You came out kicking.

Date of Birth: June 27, 2007
Time: 1:47 p.m.
Weight: 8 pounds 10 ounces
Height: 22 inches long

Your sister came to visit you for the first time around 6pm. She was sure amazed to see you. And missing her Mama & Dada very much, but having lots of fun with her Aunt. I cried my eyes out when she left, but we were able to leave the hospital the next day, so that wasn't too long of a wait.

Then life began as a family of four. And how interesting that was. You were such a quiet infant, rarely cried. Even in the middle of the night, you would just whine a little, and I was up before anyone else was disturbed. You figured out your days and nights fast, and by a month old, were sleeping most of the night. And by 6 weeks slept the whole night. How blessed were we.

You were such a good baby, that's why I couldn't wait to have another. And when you were 3 months old we started trying. And shockingly enough, when you were only 4 months old I got a positive pregnancy test. Now begins the fun, ahhaha.

I took you every month to have your picture taken, just like I did with your sister the first year. When you started smiling at 2 months, every monthly picture you smiled in. You were a very happy baby, and would go to anyone.

You were always 90% tile for height and weight. You were a big boy. You like to suck on your fingers, no pacifier for you. Always your right hand, index and middle finger, it calms you right down. You started baby food at 4 months, and took a little while to get used to it. You of course enjoyed fruit better than vegetables. You got your first tooth when you turned 6 months. You started rolling over consistently when you were 6 months. Around 8-9 months old you started sitting up really good, and army crawling. Then you started to take off with regular crawling. You started pulling up and cruising when you were about 11 months. And I imagine by 13-14 months you'll be walking.

How quickly those first milestones go by. It's hard to believe you are a year old already. You are quite the cuddler when you are tired. But otherwise you want to go go go. You usually take 2 naps a day now. And by your first birthday you easily got rid of the bottle, and now enjoy using a sippy cup. You are a big eater and started with all table foods by 11 months and will eat anything. You eat more than your sister. Life with a son has been wonderful.

Happy First Birthday Jonathan!!!

No comments: