Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What a nice cool day, I can't complain. If everyday was like yesterday, I think that would become annoying. All the complaining we do about Michigan weather, but I can say I enjoy the variety.

I went and got Jess some underwear, socks, and summer Pj's, hers are getting too small. I could go toy and clothes crazy. Shopping for a 3 year old is wonderful, I found a thousand things I could have bought. Shopping for a 1 year old is not as easy. When he's 2 or 3, there are more options. I just didn't want to get him any more baby toys, we have them coming out of our ears, and he will get tons at his birthday party.

I went specifically for the water wheel table for his birthday. Of course when it was on sale I didn't buy it, now that I want it no one has it on sale. Walmart online had the cheapest price. But of course they didn't have any in the store. There's still time, his birthday isn't until the end of the month. I just thought he'd enjoy it. He likes to pull up on everything, and he loves the water, it says it's for ages 1 and up.

And today just when I was complaining he'll never cruise the furniture, he did, just once, but he did it. He still doesn't do well with our front step, I'm shocked because Jess figured it out by 10 months, oh well. We'll still keep up our blockers to keep him away from it, he just doesn't judge distance well.

I think we'll get him off the bottle within the next few weeks. He's really not addicted to it. He doesn't drink tons of formula. He'll drink milk from a sippy cup. As long as the sippy cup doesn't have a stopper in it. He doesn't get the big sucking you have to do with the ones that have stoppers in it. And he'll even drink from a regular cup. So we'll just phase in the new routine, and hopefully it will go smoothly. I surely don't want to give two babies bottles before bed. We have two months, I know it won't take that long to make this happen, sometimes in the morning or night time he doesn't even want his bottle.

No comments: