Thursday, October 2, 2008

I had trouble falling asleep. Steph was up at 230am, went back down at 330am. I didn't even fall asleep again and she was up. Then I went back to sleep at 530am.. and she was up again at 7am. Oh god, I'm tired.

Jess enjoyed the alphabet/number book I got her. It uses a marker and you can wipe it clean. So when you practice writing you can keep reusing. She was sorta understanding it. It's a start. I think once she starts school she'll really mature and catch on. Jon refused his 11am nap, which was fine, I need him to stay up longer anyhow. At 1:30pm... I tried the impossible... all 3 napping at the same time. Jon made a slight protest but fell asleep. I took the baby out of her room, and transferred her into the living room.... she remained asleep. I made Jess lay down... I shut the gate and ran for the pillow... hahah... I think I did fall asleep for 20-30 minutes, but I'm not sure. Of course baby woke up... and then of course 10 minutes later Jess came out of her room. Did she fall asleep? I doubt it.

Of course the day I am exhausted and excited Jeff would be coming home at 3pm, he calls and says he's working over time. Ugh! Oh well. The 20 winks revived me slightly. After dinner we made the chocolate suckers. First batch... I cooked too longer... big lump... did it again... and it worked out great, we had it for snack time. I read online what we can do with a foiled batch... they said crisco (we don't have any) so they said use butter. I did just now, it was lumpy, but we'll see if it's edible. At least it became liquid again. This was the first time in my life making chocolate. I'm learning a lot through my kids. Just like 2 years ago, it was my first time ever carving a pumpkin. I sure was deprived. There are some parents that are engaged in their kids and their are some parents that just exist.... guess which kind of parents I had.

The kids entertained themselves a good half hour by turning the purifier on and off. Jon would turn it off, and run away, then Jess would run and turn it on and run away... it was like a game... they found amusing, and we just laughed.... all these toys in this basement and a purifier was the best entertainment this evening!!!

So we'll see if the bath theory hold true tonight, since last night she didn't get a bath because I wasn't home. She was just sipping all night... taking 2 oz. here... 2 oz. there.... that's annoying.... just drink 4 oz. and see ya in 4 hours.... duh! Oh well, I can't complain... she does good most nights! We'll have to train Jeff on newborn baths... he's never given them one at that age... Nor has he cut their nails... so I'm stuck doing my own, and 3 other kids.... that's 80 nails to cut... usually weekly!!!!! And most of the kids fight me. But I'm enjoying him giving her the last bottle... I was always stuck doing that..... yeah, more internet time for me! Oh well, that's his chance to catch up on his tv shows, I get plenty of time in the middle of the night. We have very different taste in shows. Oh well, I had a chance to clean some stuff off the DVR... it sure fills quick... my new show obsession... Jon and Kate plus 8.... if they can do it, anyone can, hahaha!

No comments: