Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I really should end the year with a blog entry. Just been busy lately with other things.

To sum up Christmas... AWESOME... too much stuff. We got up before Jess did we were so excited. Jess got scared when I told Jeff (when we heard her open her door) to turn on the lights and start video taping... she closed the door... hahah... she's not used to everyone being up when she gets up, and certainly no lights or video camera, hahaha.... Everyone enjoyed their stuff, got more stuff at Grandma's. Train & Track table big hit... puppet show big hit... the best is her princess treasure box from her aunt... everything a princess should ever need, hahaha!

Had a get together on the 27th at my cousins, she has a beautiful house, it was my first time seeing it. She even had a cake for me. Jess enjoyed playing the piano and guitar over there. I can't believe we hit 60 degrees that day. You wouldn't even think we had a huge snowstorm the week before.

All the inlaws minus BIL came over for my bday on the 28th, had a great time. Ordered too many subs, and I'm glad they are finally all gone today. Gabby is addicted to purple... everything has to be purple... she even jumped in the ball pit and pulled out all the purple balls, who knew at 3 years old you have a favorite color. Jess could care less... she favors pink, but doesn't have ONE favorite color that she obsesses over.

Jon got sick from someone at xmas. I spent 2 hours (they were horribly behind) at docs with him on the 29th. He has a bad sore throat, and a little runny nose. Jess is complaining of a headache... and she's sneezing a bit... still not doctor worthy I think... and Steph is just sneezing once in a while.

Steph got her two bottom teeth on christmas. That explains a lot. I looked at some christmas pics I took, and you can see her bottom teeth on the pic I took on xmas eve. How cute. And I finally got video of her rolling over, since she does it all the time now... so so so cute!

Put away all the xmas stuff yesterday. Today I worked on organizing and getting rid of some of the holiday stuff.... to be continued tomorrow. Time is just flying by... obviously... where did 2008 go?

Getting rid of swing... hate it... steph almost fell out today... she leans forward and falls to the side... this has happened a lot lately, but today scared me the most. So to hell with it, back it goes... she could care less if she's in a swing anyhow... she sleeps in her bed for naps and night time. She's been doing better sleeping through the night, rarely does she get up. I think she's getting another tooth though, lots of biting and drooling. So we shall see.

Working on the Family Newsletter.... I'm so behind... it's going to take me forever. Mom & Cindy are submitting articles and pics nicely... Anna... well... she didn't write much, and didn't send many pics.... When you have kids... I don't understand why she has so little to write about, and there is no excuse for the small amount of pics... Doesn't she take millions of pics like me? Hahaha... I don't think anyone takes the amount I do. I just can't help it, the kids are so damn cute. I got $100 in gift cards for shutterfly, so that should help me out for a while.... I spend quite a bit with them.

Starting the cabbage soup diet tomorrow... first time every making it... so I got the 7 day meal plan from online.... We shall see..... gotta keep trying... after all the shit I've eaten the past week... I need lots of help!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cabbage soup CAN'T be good for you all the time... so you're getting a lot of water from the leaf, but I think there are very little in the way of nutrients. If anything, you need to eat DARK, LEAFY greens. Have you thought about going on a primarily vegetarian diet (fresh and frozen, use spices and fresh herbs, olive oil, spray butter) and drinking lots of green tea (try different kinds, I can suggest a few brands that have taste and you can add a little honey if you like) and filtered water? Supplement with a multivitamin and OMEGA-3 pills? I know a service that will deliver a variety of locally-grown veggie / fruit boxes weekly, bi-weekly, etc. inexpensively and you can pick what to get / what not to / skip a week, etc. which will force you to be creative AND support MI farmers. I'll get the info to you soon. =) For most people, the main deal is staying away from processed foods, which have a lot of salt and fat and little nutrients.

Clara said...

I lasted a day and a half on it... woke up after a nap shaky and felt faint... I guess carrots and one bowl of soup so far today didn't cut it.

I don't think my PB&J sandwich will sabotage it. I might keep trying... it's only for a week. 4 pounds off in a day is good... even if it is all water weight.

The diet is only a week, and it's all the soup you want all week... but each day is something different. First day fruits all day. Second day vegetables all day plus a baked potato. Third day is both. Fourth day is bananas and milk. Fifth day, chicken and tomatoes. Sixth day chicken and vegetables. 7th day, brown rice and vegetables.

Anonymous said...

Dude, if I don't eat some protein every day in some way, I can get a little lightheaded, shaky and feel spacey. You may say ick, tofu, but try some of the neat veggie stuff they have out there... veggie burgers, veggie chicken nuggets... they can be pretty good with a huge side of veggies. Mmm.

PB & J is great if you have lower fat PB and whole wheat bread (not all wheat bread is the same, watch it... a lot of them don't have a lot of fiber and are SUGARY or have lots of white flour). Stay away from white sugar, white flour, etc. as they are not very nutritious.