Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sex.... do I have your attention?!

I have downloaded a billion podcasts. But lately I've been listening to this one called "Sex is fun". There's 2 girls and a guy, and an occasional gay guy on there. They talk about everything and anything. It's very interesting, like adult talk radio. They have different topics, or they answer caller questions.

One I found particularly interesting was the 30 day sex challenge. We all know sex makes you feel good, it releases oxytocin and is a mood booster. Sometimes you get into ruts in your relationship, and life marches on, and the last time you had sex was quite a while ago. Life is busy, and most people have sex before bedtime, and half the time they are too tired and skip it.

This challenge forces you to do it, every single day for 30 days.... quickie or not, whenever you can fit it in the day. They say, if you have to order take out for dinner to give you the extra 30 minutes, then do it. If you have to do it first thing in the morning, or a quickie on a lunch hour, whenever you can fit it in. It's important for the relationship to do this challenge every so often. There's no doubt sex brings the couple back together, and gives them a way to focus on each other, even when life demands get in the way (work, kids, etc).

You may find that you may enjoy morning sex better, or at least it would add some variety. They even said continue the challenge through your period. You may find you love it. It's just blood, it can be cleaned off. Lots of woman are hornier when they are on their period anyhow, and orgasm's are suppose to help relieve cramps.

They even suggested keeping a journal, and you may see a pattern, and when the sex was good, you may see why so you can repeat it, and when the sex is bad, you can see what to avoid for next time. Even if you don't feel like you are in the mood, most of us find that it doesn't take long once you get started to get into the mood, and then you wonder why you wait so long to do it.

http://cdn.libsyn.com/sexisfun/30_days_of_sex.pdf
That's the link to the show notes, that pretty much says what I just said. I just thought I'd pass the info on.

1 comment:

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

That's really interesting. And it makes a lot of sense.