Sunday, April 13, 2008

I am so exhausted, but I'll try and spit out the last few days as fast as I can. I'm sure I'll miss a whole bunch of stuff, but oh well.... zzzzzzzzz...........

My cousin's wedding was AWESOME. It was a rough day with the kids, so when my SIL came, I couldn't wait to take off, even though we got to the wedding 45 minutes early, hahaha. My Mom would have been so proud, she was such an early bird to everything. The chapel was beautiful, the service was lovely. A minister married them, and a priest said a blessing over them. My cousin looked so beautiful in her dress. Her hubby to be even started crying during his vows. The food was so good, so much of it, it was wonderful. Her hubby wrote her a special song and sang it to her out on the dance floor. (He composes and sings music on the side). It was so sweet. The toasts were great. The music was great. I had a really good time.

It was nice seeing my cousins again. I got to catch up on all their aches and pains. They are all getting so old. Looking at myself I don't feel like I've aged too much in comparison, but looking at them, oh my god. They are all in their 60's and 70's, and all have stories to tell. This one with open heart surgery, this one with a pacemaker, it's awful. I remember them 20 years ago, when they got around good, now most of them can barely walk, it's so sad. Once one goes, they'll all start dropping like hot cakes.

I wish I would have gotten a picture of me and Jeff, but never did. He started taking some pics of me and the kids, then he got dressed, and by then his sister came, and we took off fast. Oh well, we did look nice, hahaha. I even let my hair down, which is a rarity, and even painted my nails. Jeff helped with the feet. I don't think I've ever painted them before, but I had opened toed shoes, and was in the mood. I tried, but my tailbone, hip area is in such misery, I couldn't bend, or even bring up my leg to get to them without sharp pains. It was a great evening out away from the kids. And I hear they were very good, and went to bed with no problems, surprise surprise after a week of tortuing us.

Today was crazy. Jess got into lots of things in the bathroom she wasn't suppose to, so it was time for more child proofing. We wanted to do the bathroom anyhow. So I thought it would be a good idea for us all to go to Bed Bath & Beyond. Hahaha... the kids weren't cooperating and Jeff was losing his patience. Practically every thing we picked out we are taking back. He spent a few hours building the over the toilet cabinet, and we both hated it, etc. etc. the rest of the things we hated too. So, he went to Home Depot himself and found one we both really love and hung it fairly quickly, with a little help from me. Then he took down the shower doors, man... that was nasty, the bottom was full of mildew, where water got trapped under the thing. We bought a rod, but it wasn't long enough, so I went to Meijer, and got a bigger one, along with a different shower curtain, etc. It's all coming along really well. I do want to change the other curtain in there, since now it doesn't match... and he needs to do some caulking... which can wait until next weekend, but we worked our butts off today, and are very tired. Next year maybe we'll do more in there, but I think for this year, after the few things we gotta get... we'll be done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I think I want to take off my shower doors too... they are a pain in the butt to keep clean, always getting gross and moldy. I rather have a curtain that when it feels slimy you can throw in the wash...

I am so happy for your cousin. I bet the whole thing was awesome. She is so nice and deserves to be happy. Sometimes it takes a long time for your ship to come sailing in... but it's worth it.

Yeah, you need more dressed-up photos of you guys!

I can't believe how Jon's bday is coming soon... it will be one busy summer!

Anonymous said...

P.S.-- You know you can let Auntie Kim borrow the kids if you want to go out on the town...! Unless you think I am a bad influence... muhahahah!

Clara said...

Yeah, I am very happy they are off. They are too much of a pain to keep clean. And I like looking at the awesome lighthouse shower curtain I got. And it's soooo much easier to bathe the kids without the silly doors in the way.

Yes, I am so happy for her too. They are very much in love, it's awesome to see.

I know, we need to have our best photographer (kim) come over and take our pictures dressed up, then you can have fun the rest of the night with the kids as we go out and have some fun. How much notice do you need to give work for a Sat. or Sun. night?

Yes, this summer exhausts me just thinking about it. But by merging all the kids together for one big birthday party, it will make our lives much easier. And they'll all be within a month of each other, so it's feasible to do.