Well, I made the decision the other night to take Jessica out of Gymboree. We are kinda burned out from going every week for over 2 years and are ready for a break. Also, we need to get control of our finances, so we could use the extra money per month to use elsewhere. Jeff put our account on hold, until we make a final decision. We had an awesome rate... 45 bucks a month, so we'd hate to lose it, because they are at 68 bucks a month now. I think Jess is done, she got out of it all I hoped she would, and will transition to preschool very nicely in the fall. We debate about Jon going into it, that's why we put it on hold. First month free, but then you pay 10 bucks a month to keep your awesome rate. Maybe once he crawls, maybe once he walks, who knows. But he does get a lot of stimulation from his sister. But he would also enjoy it as much as she did.
This has been a part of our life for so long, I can't help but cry about it. Am I crying because it's like a milestone... she's onto bigger and better things. Do I think I made the wrong decision... I don't.... Spring/Summer weather is on it's way, and we can be doing other things with her. But we have so enjoyed the experience. They have great parties and Jessica has had some great teachers. They have great equipment and it's a perfect activity for real little ones to do, since there isn't much else out there for such a small age to do. Most classes etc. are geared for 3 years and up. Art class has been tons of fun, they have great ideas, and she really enjoyed the art projects, and it's wonderful to leave the mess there.
I am not sure if she sensed it, but Jeff said she was going around giving everyone hugs, including the owner, and saying bye bye to everyone. When Jeff told me that I couldn't help but cry, and every time I think about it I start crying. So I am a mushy mess right now. But she's an energetic, creative, and social little girl. I enjoyed my special time with her doing it. I sometimes miss the times when it was just me and her. It sounds selfish, but sometimes I feel that way. We can't do a lot of the things we used to do together. She's fine, and will be just fine, and I'll get over this. Hopefully this is just pregnancy hormone tears and I'm not one of those Mom's that cry at each and everything that goes on in their kids life.
I made the decision to cancel cable too, which of course... I'm crying about too, since Jess is a cartoon addict, and has learned so much from it. Me and Jeff NEVER watch tv, we'd rather go on the internet, and they play the same damn cartoons over and over and over, so I feel sometimes like it's a waste of money. So I am going to tape her favorite shows all month, then cancel it before the next payment is due. We'll live, and the money can be used elsewhere. And again, with better weather, means more time outdoors.
No comments:
Post a Comment