Very good game. Just like playing at Dave & Busters, but you don't run out of money, hahaha. You can keep playing and playing.
Beware, SIL rant....
SIL is crazy. Calling again today, twice. So concerned about parties. I wish my kids were born in February or September, when we have nothing going on, but that's just not how it happened. Summer birthdays suck, there are so many of them in this family we have to merge. But some how MIL always gets her own, why is that? Does that seem fair? She thinks she should merge with my son. Ok... So how does that make it easy on me, to include my family and friends for his birthday, do I have two parties. We don't have that many coming, I think there are 18-20 of us total, including us, that I invite, so splitting it up is silly.
I think kids should stay with kids. Does she want a tonka truck theme for her bday? They annoy me. I see nothing wrong with him merging with Jess. And he will get to go first for cake and presents, big deal. He's not the oldest, he's not getting his own first birthday, does it make a difference? Will I not make it special for him? Does it matter that he'll wait until 2 weeks after his bday? Does he care? Don't they think I'll make his actual day special? Have I not taken him every month to have his pic taken, just like I did with Jessica.
I don't want to see these people every weekend, summer is a busy time. And you would think with gas prices 4 dollars a gallon, my SIL who lives 1 hour away would be concerned. I'll be 9 months pregnant, I'm not interesting in parties every weekend. Ugh. And she's still talking about what's to eat on Memorial Day, who cares. You know what you are bringing, who the hell cares. I never care when I go to a party. Whatever the host wants, who cares. She drives me nuts. If nobody brought a dish, I wouldn't give two craps either. It's at my house, I feel more obligated to do the food, big deal, there isn't 50 of us.
Hangs up from us and calls MIL who thinks she can dictate when my kids parties will be? Then calls us back with her Mom's opinion. And make sure each kid sends their own invite. Who cares, but yes, I always do something special for their first bday invite, I order it off of shutterfly. It's a collection of pics newborn-11 months. My son isn't 11 months yet, are you anxious for it already. It's only May 22nd. The party will probably be July 13th for both of them. Ugh. Hell, she makes hand made invites for her kids half of the time. And one year I don't think we even got one. Even though, who cares, are they really necessary, just call me and tell me the date, I'll be there.
Then again she wants to know what Jeff wants for his birthday. For the past 4 years we don't exchange, she won't get over that. He says pics of the kids, hahaha, she says that's what I want. Yes, we BOTH would like updated pics of your kids. Why she never gives us any, I have no idea. I think it's wierd that I have to take and enlarge pics of my niece and nephew to put in my own frames for my house. And god forbid if I should want some for my wallet, I'd have to order my own too. And the ones I give her twice a year, get thrown in her drawer I guess, because the last few times I've gone to her house, I've purposely looked for their pics, and they are not in frames, they are no where to be found. Why do I waste my money. The other sister is requesting 8x10's this year. I say, good... at least someone appreciates them. They are not cheap.
I just think it's silly, I give you a 20 dollar gift card and you give me one. If there is something we really want our wife/husband will take care of us, I'm sure. I like personalized gifts much better, if you feel a gift is necessary. Every year I ask for a pic, and I never get it. I just think gifts are more for the kids, it's fun buying for kids, kids parties are fun, the theme, the balloons, etc... Oh well, every one has a different view on the subject. I just would rather go out to eat, spend time with the person, or have a party... share a meal with family and friends, blow out candles on a cake... that's enough for me. I know my hubby will spoil me rotten, I have no fear no matter how broke we are, that will always happen.
So I know nothing about what it's like to share a birthday party, with my solo December birthday. But what's funny is Jeff's family think it's so inconvenient since my bday is 3 days after christmas, "oh god, we have to get together again next weekend". Oh, so it's difficult to do that in december, but in the summer, you think every weekend is fine for bdays, and then mix in mother's day, memorial day, father's day, 4th of july, family reunion, labor day, plus 8 family birthdays, oh and a real "BIRTH" day on July 3oth.
Oh well, rant over......... I'm going to bed.... At least his other sister has the same feelings as me.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment