Monday, July 28, 2008

So much to do, so little time. Let's see how fast I can type.

Birth Story - I started feeling contractions all morning on Thursday, I was really wishing they would go away. I called my MIL to watch the kids, I wasn't going to be dragging them along to my appointment. Two hours later, doubled over in pain, I called the doctor, called my MIL, and called my hubby... I needed to go to the hospital. I still thought I might be coming back home. But when I got there, I was 3 cm. They wanted to see progression if they were going to admit me. I walked the halls in pain. And gained 1 cm, so they admitted me. At 6cm, they were giving me an epidural, waiting for blood work, it was taking forever. It took them an hour, 3 tries, and 2 guys later. That was worse than the delivery, try having contractions through that. And guess what, there was no time, I was 8cm, and then jumped to 10cm. My legs weren't even tingly yet. I FELT EVERYTHING. Ugh. My doctor never even made it to the delivery, she was stuck in traffic. The doctor ordered pitocin at the very end, why I don't know I was contracting just fine all day. There was a machine malfunction, and the whole thing dripped out all at once. I had one EXTREMELY long contraction, and the head was down, the baby's heartbeat was dropping. They wanted me to deliver fast. 4 BIG pushes, and she was out. She was on a little oxygen in the beginning, and it took a few minutes for the big cry. But she was fine. 8 pounds 13 oz. at 37 weeks, holy cow! And what a shortie 20.25 inches.

Of course she has jaundice. Jeff took her Saturday and Sunday for bloodwork, and I took her today. Hopefully it won't last too much longer. She gained 3 oz. since birth, which is unusual, since they usually lose weight. She's a good eater, sleeps a lot. The nights aren't too bad. I had to get her out of my room though, because every squeak I would wake up. So she sleeps in the living room, and I am able to sleep better, getting up every 2-3 hours. I'm tired, sore...... and now I have to deal with these swollen torpedos, ugh.

So it didn't go on schedule, but she was ready to come out. I barely had my bags packed, we never got her name up on the wall. The kids were fine with Grandma and Grandpa and even their Aunt came and helped out. Jon has been running a fever since Thursday. I believe it's his tooth, he has a molar coming in, so he's not been himself. They forgot to feed the cat, so he wasn't too happy, but we were only gone a day, and he did have some food in his dish when we left. He was sure acting up, and causing trouble, but he's calming down. So much excitement. Jess isn't too jealous yet, just likes to be helpful, and you know how helpful a 3 year old is.

I could stay awake no more today, and after dinner I took a nap, Jeff took the kids outside, and he cut grass. Afterwards, we teamworked the house, and got it back in order. You can really tell when the maids been away. But I've been taking it easy, recooping.

That's all for now, I have 120 pics to go through, ahhah. I doubt I'll get to them all tonight!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Awesome to hear the birth story. I'm looking forward to seeing YOUR Stephanie photos. =)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a story! So totally sucks you didn't get your epidural AND they gave you pitocin, I hated that stuff!! Glad to hear everything went well otherwise and that Stephanie is doing well! Congrats again!