Friday, September 26, 2008

I found out this morning that an old friend's baby died. I can't even imagine, going through 9 months of pregnancy, giving birth, sitting in NICU for a month, and then your baby dies anyways. It just doesn't seem fair. Me and this woman had a disagreement and went our separate ways, but I wouldn't wish something like that upon my worst enemy. You should never have to bury your own child... they are suppose to bury us.

So, nothing today that I did compares to that. But I did do a lot of cleaning. Did 9 loads of laundry and put them all away (well towards the end was running out of time and kinda through some things in drawers). All the kids got baths. Jon made a slight protest of why is he always the first one to go to bed, hahaha. It just works out that way. We've got a routine, we've got teamwork. It's all good in the hood.

Sad that my friends kids both have strep throat... was hoping for another visit. Oh well, we do talk to each other every day, by phone or email (email is usually the easier choice with kids). The other day her youngest puked all over her. She rushed to get her clothes off, threw them in the washer... then realized her cell phone was in her pocket... sounds like something that would happen to me. I just washed 2 diapers, and a pacifier in today's laundry, ahhaha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your friend's baby, I couldn't even fathom losing either of mine. Punkin pie had rotovirus at 6 months and became SEVERELY dehydrated that he needed to be hospitalized. That was a close as I EVER want to come to losing one of mine and I hope it never happens again! Good for you in being so productive!! I WISH I could get all that laundry done in one day!! You're awesome! :)

Clara said...

The key to washing all of that is to start very early in the morning and not forget about it through out the day, ahhaha... and then the key is to have hubby help you put away the massive amounts of laundry in the evening, hahaha! Even if the natives are restless! Darn, I gave away my secret! I just wanted to get it all done yesterday so I wouldn't have to waste my weekend doing it.