Monday, September 8, 2008

It rained on my parade today, but I was still determined to go. By the time we got everyone ready, the rain stopped. We get to the health department, and there's a big sign, check or cash only. Damn. Jeff takes off back home to get our check book. I forgot my phone, so even if he doesn't know where I put the check book, he's stuck. And I'm thinking, I brought him along so I don't have to deal with all 3 kids, and he's not here. But we only live 5 minutes away, so he was back before they called us. And Steph slept the whole time.

Of course Jess had to go to the bathroom again... she loves public restrooms, she loves how her voice echoes. They took Jess first, I took her in the room. She cried her eyes out, and I almost did too. It was only one damn shot. All evening she cried off and on about it, and was limping, oh brother. The one I thought would be a trooper... wasn't.

And I made Jeff take Jon, since he never gets the fun of taking them for shots. Jon was sure a trooper, he didn't cry for the first 4, but then when they went onto the second leg for 3 more, then he started, but stopped quickly. He was fine. They have a shortage of HiB, I think... they said he needed that too... so we'll have to get that one for him later.

He was walking all around, smiling and laughing. Now he can get up to a standing position and walk. Of course, if I would have grabbed the camera he would have stopped. He walked from one couch to the other, all evening. Last night when I tried getting his picture/video of him walking he wouldn't do it. Oh well.

Taking off Jessica's bandage was a chore. I let her take off mine from my shot today, and I took off her's. She had a fit. She says no more shots for her, she's all done, never again, hahaha! Oh well, she gets a year off. The people at the health department were very nice, Jeff was impressed. He was scared to death that the place was going to be scuzzy, and there'd be white trash there. Hello, many people's insurances have maxes, and with the amount of shots you have get the first few years, you have to go. I wish they would have told us about this before, we're still paying on Jessica's 18 months shots.

I'm exhausted... Jeff's still upstairs screwing around with the baby, hopefully she falls asleep soon... no particular reason... wink wink.....

No comments: