Jon can climb into Jessica's car bed. All day long, up and down... up and down. And he can climb up on the coffee table downstairs, up and down.. and up and down. He gets so mad that the couch upstairs is just out of his reach, he has to use something for leverage to get up there. He has been walking more and more lately, it is so adorable. He has the biggest grin, and when he gets near something, he picks up the pace and nose dives into the couch or chair, etc. He is constantly on the go. He's getting another tooth, poor guy. One right after the other. His gums are very swollen, and he was so whiny today, he took 3 naps. I think the last one was more... Mom & Dad need a break....
Stephanie is so cute, she's smiling a lot lately and I heard a few coo's. She is 7 weeks already. She does a lot of stretching. Last night I woke up at 130am, and she was asleep, making noises. Then she got up at 3am, went back to bed at 4am and I thought great... maybe she won't wake up at 6am, and screw up my last hour before Jessica gets up. No such thing... but the 6am thing was more stretching. I tried getting her up to eat, she wouldn't. An hour and a half later I woke up, we both fell asleep in the chair. Jessica actually slept in until 8am. If I didn't have other kids in the house that I am fearful that will wake up to her cries, I'd let that baby cry. What a waste for me to get up, and she is still asleep, that drives me nuts!
Sisterly love. Yesterday when I was trying to make dinner, Jessica grabbed my colander and tried putting it on Stephanie's head. She wasn't too pleased, and I had a hard time finishing making dinner. And this morning, while I was in the kitchen feeding Jon breakfast, Jessica gets a dixie cup of water, and thinks it's high time her little sister grew up and drank out of a cup instead of a bottle. I didn't even know, until I picked her up and she was drenched. I thought she spit up, but then I put two and two together. My favorite is when she runs to put a binky in her mouth to shut her up. Once we were at the doctor's office, and a baby was crying, and Jessica went up to the Mom's diaper bag and was looking to a binky to shut the kid up, ahhaha! I tell her she can't play with playdoh when Jon's up, he'll eat it. So she tells Jon "Go night night, you are crabby, and I want to play play doh". Then she has an idea, I have a tall clothes hamper, she gets inside, so she can play with her play doh and Jon can't reach her. She gets tired of that, then puts in him the hamper, he wasn't too pleased. And she sounds like a teenager sometimes... "Ahh, come on Mom, it's not fair". She was climbing up on the play yard onto her kitchen and I said "get down, you are going to fall", she comes back with "don't worry, I'm holding on tight". Hahaha. She has an answer for everything. And she wants to do everything herself. And she constantly wants to help me cook, or put away dishes, or do laundry, sweep the floor... but clean up her toys, that's still a constant battle.
I did the Wii fit last night. Steph wanted to eat, Jeff said, fine... I'll feed her, if you do the Wii fit. Well, that sounded like a better option. I was just going to do the body test, but once it said I gained a pound, that motivated me, and I was on it for a half hour. I had so much fun. I was mostly doing the stepping. I was finally getting coordinated on it. I unlocked the advanced.
We worked our butts off today doing 500 different things. Someone outside looking in would have laughed.... with us trying to get stuff done around the house with 3 crazy kids. I don't know how we did it... even gave the kids baths.... there is just little odds and ends to do in the morning. Most importantly get those posed pics of Steph in her baptism gown. Poor 3rd kid, everything has got to be rush rush rush, there just isn't enough time to take, like when I only had one kid. During the chaos I even tried trimming Jon's hair, what a joke. I have no idea what it looks like, ahhah. I just trimmed around the ears, I hate it when boys have hair hanging over their ears. I was going to do the back a little, even though the curl on the sides is cute, but he was very uncooperative, and Jeff wasn't being coopertive holding him. I'm debating if I want to put him in his cute little suit tomorrow, or just the other nice outfit I bought him. I really don't think he'll stay in church with us, he's a wild child, and doesn't sit still, and with him teething, all he does is whine and cry, so to the nursery he will go. I will give Jess the option, but if she's bad, she goes there too. Jon's baptism I was so insistant that Jess stay there, so we could be there as a family... I am so over that, ahhaha. It's amazing what you do to survive with 3 young kids!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Standards definitely change as you add kids, things kind of go the wayside and whatever is the LEAST hassle is what you go for- it has been that way for us too! Sounds like you're kind of finding your groove with 3!
Post a Comment