Monday, September 1, 2008

What a beautiful weekend.

I cut the grass today. Jeff edged. I let Jon loose in the backyard. I put pants and socks on him to protect him. He was everywhere. He played in the pool, water island, water table, sand box, kitchen, pushed the lawn mower, and trike, and tried climbing up the slide. It wore him out, we all took naps. Except of course Steph had to wake up so ours got cut short.

Jess is so cute, she was filling a bucket and then filling the pool and water table. But she'd fill it too high and it was too heavy to carry. So she grabbed Jon's dump truck and wheeled the bucket over to the pool. What a good problem solver. And what a good artist. She colors so well, and draws the cutest people. She loves to use her scissors, she was helping Daddy cut out coupons today.

Oh well, the baby is sleeping, and I should be too. I've gotten spoiled this weekend by Jeff taking over the night shift. But he was able to nap in the morning. I'm on my own tomorrow, no matter how tonight goes.

I can't believe it's September already. That was a fast summer!

No comments: