Friday, October 31, 2008

I had a frustrating day with Jon. He's teething, that's apparent by his wet shirt, crummy appetite (although he did love dinner... cheesy mash. potatoes, corn and meat loaf). This eye tooth is taking its time coming down, ugh. But it just wasn't his tooth. He loves to do things to annoy me. Turn the TV off and on constantly and open and shut the door constantly. He knows he's doing wrong and doesn't care. We spent a couple hours outside today, what a beautiful day, I took some fall pics of the kids in the leaves.

Then Jeff calls and says he's working overtime, wonderful and shitty all at the same time. I was hoping to get to the gym today, oh well. I think I got my exercise anyhow. We went to the mall, that was the first time I've ever done that... Jess was tired by the end of it, she got tons of candy. Then we came back home, and went around our block, and that was about it.

Strange that the time change isn't before halloween, usually at 6pm it's dark. Funny how rules change... we even went out with the baby... it was so nice out, I can't believe it, I thought for sure the temp. was going to drop big time. She slept the whole time in the mall, but was awake for the street walking. We had a bucket for Jon, but we kept him in the stroller. When we came home, I grabbed the baby, Jeff grabbed Jon, and Jess walked. I just thought we'd do a couple houses, but we went all the way down, and it was tiring carrying my 13 pounder. Should have grabbed the stroller.

I just found it strange that people took their babies to trick or treat. I mean, obviously the candy is for their parents. That's why this was our first year going out... Jess can finally say trick or treat, and finally eat most of the candy, but still she's little, was exhausted, and I have a huge bag of stuff she can't eat yet. I can see taking the baby to grandma's or to a couple neighbors house. But when you do the mall, you get a HUGE amount of candy. I just thought it was cool, how this year she finally GETS IT. I can't wait for Christmas!!!!

I already went through her bucket and made it 3 year old safe... got rid of the suckers, gum, jolly ranchers etc. She'll never know, and when she sees her basket tomorrow, she'll just be excited. All that hard work... it will take months to eat all this candy. Just wait until we have 3 kids going around the neighborhood.

Fast baths and then bed. Jeff's sick again, Jess had a slight fever earlier... I think we are having never ending sinus issues... started over a month ago, we get better, we get sick... is this a preview of how our winter will be? Great... with our shitty insurance, this should be interesting!

The park by our house has a pumpkin rolldown tomorrow, we'll probably go to. You take all your pumpkins and roll them down the big sledding hill, that should be interesting. Not sure if we are all going to go, or just Jeff and Jess. Or I guess if he really feels like shit, than me and Jess.

So much I'd like to get accomplished this weekend. So much indoor work, so much outdoor work. So little time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My 2 year old was ALL OVER halloween this year - He was SO into it, and as a first time Mom that made it really fun.

Too bad he didn't get the idea of presants at his second birthday - although he has caught on now so Christmas should be a total hoot!