Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Yesterday in the evening my throat finally started feeling better, too bad I still lots of drainage and am coughing. Everyone else is getting better too, and now finally yesterday Jeff got it. So... good, we've all been through it, and hopefully this is it for a long while. I quit taking the antibiotics. I'll admit the doctor was right, this was viral, and just takes 5 days before you start feeling better. But it was a long 5 days when your throat is KILLING you and you are caring for everyone else. And today, it was either the hot chicken or hot coffee today for dinner, but now I've burned the roof of my mouth... doesn't help my scratchy throat... ugh!

I had a 5:45am wake up call, it's been quite a while since I've had one of those... but at least I slept through the night and didn't wake up 10 times to spray my throat with chloroseptic. That wake up time is always a tricky time, because the baby is usually only up for an hour, and by putting her back to bed at 6:45am I'm running the risk of waking Jessica who will be up shortly after that. But it all worked out, and I got another hour of sleep, Jess didn't wake up until 8am! Then I heard Jon at 8:15am (early for him), so I hopped in the shower. Then he was quiet, so I thought this is my opportunity to clean in peace. So I cleaned the kitchen & living room & bathroom, made my bed, THEN got him up. He was crabby... those two teeth are so puffy, would you just break through already!!! Of course then Stephanie woke up.

I tried putting away clothes, this was my opportunity, when all 3 were awake. Jon was under my feet the whole time. I was tripping over him left and right, it was driving me nuts. I had the baby in bed with me, so I could watch her (when Jon's up she has to be watched, he's a gentle giant). And I kept telling Jess to stay in the living room, so Jon would follow. I could complete this simple task faster without kids under my feet. I have to fold clothes when they all are up, because if I attempt when the two are sleeping, Jess has to be there making noise... if Steph is asleep, Jon's running up and down the hall way making noise. So this task has to be performed when all 3 are awake. Or it has to wait until evening time. And I was on a mission... have a clean house before noon... imagine it! Everything I do has to be carefully planned, or it becomes ugly... or just impossible to complete.

Jessica was very excited to go to school today. She's doing great with her letters. Even can write quite a bit of them. She got a princess writing thing for xmas, and wants to do it every day. But her attention span is short... so after 10-15 min. I lose her, and she messes up on purpose. So we've been working on that... and she found some flash cards I have of shapes and colors. She's good on colors, she was messing up on a few of her shapes? WTF? So, we just gotta keep practicing. And I'm suppose to be going through her numbers with her. I think I'm going to wait until after we master the letters. We do counting... but recognizing and writing numbers I haven't tried yet. I have a parent/teacher conference next tuesday, so I'll see what they say. A person can only retain so much, especially a 3 year old, and I don't want to throw too much at her. But I know they've done numbers in school with her.

The day went by so fast. Got dinner going, cleaned up the kitchen yet again. The kids were so cute this evening, playing hide and seek, running around like nuts... Jon follows whatever Jessica is doing. She loves to sing and dance, and he was right there with her. When I put Steph on the floor for tummy time they all join in. When she's rolling, they are rolling. I should have got the camera out. But this is stuff that just can't be captured to it's full potentional. This is damn cute material, memories that will warm my heart forever. This is the part of my life that I will miss... even when you throw in a million poopy diapers, teething kids, temper tantrums, tripping over toys, sleepless nights..... This is what I'll have to keep in mind the next time I'm going through a frustrating moment with one or all of them!!!!! Hahaha!

Jeff already bought the kids bday presents. They had AWESOME clearances at Meijers. He got a huge fire truck for Jon half off. And got some stuff for Jess too. Deals he just couldn't pass up! Hahaha... yeah... 50% off or more... is a good deal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine trying to do all that stuff with 3 kids to watch. I'm surprised you can get ANY of it done, wow.

I hope you guys feel better. Seems you're always sick, what the hay?

Oh, I bought this Tastefully Deceptive book where it teaches you to add veggie and fruit purees to your standard recipes and your kids will eat it up unknowingly! The recipes sounded good, I can't wait to try them on my co-workers. Can you imagine their faces when I tell them the brownies have SPINACH in them? =) I can get you the book too if you want another one of that type, it was cheap.

Clara said...

I have those books too. I've made some recipes from them. That's where I got my spaghetti & meatball recipe. Everyone loved it. I should cook more often from that book. I have the kids one and the man one. I need to plan out my meals better. Instead of the same old! same old!